Contract of Carriage
For the purposes of this agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Contracting Party“ shall be anyone who being 18 years of age and having full legal capacity to contract acquires Tickets and/or services offered by the Carrier.
- “Passenger” person who bears a legally acquired ticket either directly or through a legal contracting party, taking into account that minors and/or persons not enabled to do so may not acquire Tickets and/or buy or reserve through www.aeromexico.com, as a result of which the passenger declares in this act to be 18 years of age or older and to have legal capacity to contract.
- Groups, being understood as such more than ten people, may not acquire Tickets through www.aeromexico.com, since Groups are directly handled at Aeromexico’s Ticket offices and special policies shall apply to them; however, Groups may request their reservation through www.aeromexico.com/groupsandconventions
- "Ticket”, means the document or electronic confirmation also known as electronic Ticket or E-ticket which evidences the Passenger as the legitimate user of the contracted service with the Carrier of which this agreement is an integral part.
- "Transportation" is equivalent to air transportation and all the air services related to such air transportation, either domestic or international.
- "Carrier" refers to all airlines which carry or transport Passengers, their belongings and their baggage in accordance with this agreement or that provide any other incidental service to air Transportation either land, maritime transportation or of the type required for such purpose.
- ”Baggage Receipt” means the document evidencing that the Passenger is the legal owner of the baggage delivered to the airline in exchange thereof.
- "Warsaw Convention" refers to the Convention for the unification of certain rules related to international air Transportation, signed in Warsaw on October 12th, 1929 and the amendment to said convention which was agreed in The Hague on September 28th, 1955, as it may be applicable;
- "Montreal Agreement" refers to the Agreement for the Unification of certain Rules related to International Air Transportation, signed in Montreal on May 28th,1999.
- “Law of Civil Aviation” refers to the Law of Civil Aviation published in the Federal Official Gazette (Diario Oficial de la Federación) on May 12th, 1995 (Updated in the Federal Official Gazette (Diario Oficial de la Federación) up to July 6th, 2006).
- “Regulations of the Law of Civil Aviation” refers to the Regulations of the Law of Civil Aviation published in the Federal Official Gazette on December 7th, 1998.
- “Law of General Means of Communication” refers to the Law of General Means of Communication published in the Federal Official Gazette on February 19th,1940 (Updated in the Federal Official Gazette (Diario Oficial de la Federación) up to October 25th, 2005)
- “Regulations of the Law of Airports” refers to the Regulations of the Law of Airports published in the Federal Official Gazette on January 17th, 2000 (Updated in the Federal Official Gazette through September 9th, 2003).
2. - APPLICABLE PROVISIONS.
The Transportation in accordance with this agreement is subject to the regulations and limitations referred to the liability set forth in the Warsaw Convention or the Montreal Agreement, unless the trip is not “international”, according to the terms defined in the referred Agreements.
As long as there is no contradiction with the above, the Transportation and other services provided by each carrier are subject to:
(I) the provisions contained in this agreement,
(II) the applicable fares and regulations either in Aeromexico and/or Aeromexico Connect flights and/or other airlines’ flights, with which there is an agreement and/or are allowed in the fare regulations, or are either part of the route network commercialized by Aeromexico.
(III) the conditions for the Carrier’s Transportation and other applicable regulations which are an integral part of this agreement (and which are at the disposal of the requesting parties at the Carrier’s offices), except in case of transportation from a place in the United States of America, Canada, Asia, Europe, Central and South America or towards any place outside these Countries, cases where the fares in force in said Countries shall be applicable.
(IV) the applicable legal provisions in each particular case.
2.1 RATE LIABILITY AND PUBLIC INSPECTION REGIME
Transportation is subject to the liability regime established by the Law of General Means of Communication and the Law of Civil Aviation as well as their respective regulations. The respective Fares and Application Rules are an integral part of this Ticket and are electronically available for passenger consultation at the Carrier’s offices, at travel agencies acting as their representatives and at the page www.aeromexico.com.
All effective fares for the Contracting Party of which the Carrier is a part as well as all the publications regarding the fares that have been prepared but are not effective yet, are found electronically in the reservation system available to the public at the Carrier’s ticket offices and at the different airports where the Carrier operates. These Fares may be revised by any person who may request it and without it being necessary to provide any reason to do it, as long as such person presents a purchase receipt. The Carrier’s personnel on duty at such offices shall facilitate the revision of the referred fares when they are requested to do so.
Additionally all Carrier’s fares are available to the public electronically through Aeromexico’s reservation system, at the Carrier’s offices and at the travel agencies acting as its representatives.
3. ABOUT THE TICKET
The name of the Carrier may be abbreviated in the Ticket, as long as the full name and the abbreviation are stated in the fares, in the Transportation conditions or in the applicable regulations or Carrier’s itineraries. The address of the Carrier shall be the departure airport appearing in the Ticket in front of the first abbreviation of the Carrier’s name. The agreed stops are the places indicated in the Ticket and in the reservation confirmation of each Contracting Party or those set forth in the Carrier’s schedules as stops provided in the Passenger’s itinerary. The Ticket and the reservation confirmation shall also contain the date, connections if there are any and the equipment to be operated among other data.
The transportation provided under this agreement by several companies, in a successive manner, shall be considered as a sole operation. When the carrier company issues a Ticket for Transportation in the routes of the other Carrier, it shall be considered that the first carrier acts only as an agent of the second carrier.
In this regard, the Carrier to which said ticket is issued shall be liable for the trip in the terms and under the conditions described in this agreement, notwithstanding the liability of the airline acting as an agent regarding the passenger.
This Ticket is valid for a year as of the date of issuance unless it is otherwise indicated in such document, in the fares of the Carrier, in the
Transportation Conditions or in the applicable regulations. The fare for the Transportation subject matter of this agreement may be modified at any time and without prior notice. The Carrier may refuse to provide the service if the corresponding fare has not been paid.
The Tickets acquired through www.aeromexico.com shall be valid, subject to final collection of the amount supporting the purchase of this Ticket, in the terms and conditions described herein; it is up to the Contracting Party to print the transaction receipt to present it at the Airport, where it will be provided with its boarding pass.
The reservation number and/or purchase issued through www.aeromexico.com shall be sufficient for the boarding pass to be delivered to the Passenger at the different counters of the Carrier located at the departure Airport of the corresponding flight.
In case it is applicable in accordance with the flight and itinerary, the receipt issued for the purchase or reservation of services offered by aeromexico.com may be printed through Web Check-In only one time and shall have all legal effects of any receipt for tax purposes. The Web Check-In Terms and Conditions are available at www.aeromexico.com/webcheckin_en
4. ABOUT THE BAGGAGE
Checked-In baggage shall be delivered to the holder of the corresponding label (baggage receipt). In case of damage or missing articles from your baggage, in domestic or international flights, you shall make your claim immediately after having received your baggage and becoming aware of the irregularity upon delivery. In case of lost, the claim shall be filed detailing the content in writing in a maximum term of 15 calendar days following the flight date in case of domestic flights and for international flights within the following 21 calendar days.
In any case, any baggage irregularity claim or regarding it shall be made before abandoning the corresponding airport and ratified within the periods of time established in the preceding paragraph.
4.1. BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE PER PASSENGER FOR FLIGHTS OPERATED BY AEROMEXICO AND/OR AEROMEXICO CONNECT
In flights inside Mexico and in international flights, the policies located at www.aeromexico.com/baggagepolicy shall apply.
The Baggage Allowance granted and the fares per additional pieces of baggage located at aeromexico.com are subject to change without prior notice. In the case of flights operated by another airline, please confirm the baggage policies at the offices of the airline in question.
4.2 CARRY-ON BAGGAGE
In the case of Aeromexico and Aeromexico Connect one additional carry-on baggage per passenger, which shall weight 10 kg (22 pounds) and which external lineal surface shall not exceed 1.15 m. (45 inches) is allowed, besides a portfolio or handbag or laptop; passenger mobility aids (crutches, canes, wheelchairs) may be kept in the passenger cabin, depending on the space available in the flight equipment; in the case of another airline, please confirm the baggage policies thereof.
4.3 EXCESS BAGGAGE
In the case of Aeromexico and/or Aeromexico Connect, in domestic and international routes, a mixed system for charging excess baggage with limits both on the number of pieces and weight and volume thereof. The charges established in accordance with this system shall be charged plus the corresponding Value Added Tax.
Said charges are at available to Passengers at our Ticket offices or counters at the corresponding Airport.
Excess baggage shall be carried on the airplane subject to space availability in all cases.
For more information regarding Baggage Franchise and Excesses, please check www.aeromexico.com/baggagepolicy
4.4 BAGGAGE IDENTIFICATION
All baggage shall be identified outside and inside with the name and address of the Passenger. Baggage identification labels are available at no cost, at any Aeromexico counter or at the travel agencies acting as its representatives.
4.5. RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOUR CHECKED-IN BAGGAGE
Do not pack fragile or perishable items or any of the following in your checked baggage: valuables, money, jewelry, electronic equipment or appliances, photo or video articles, portable computers, computer programs, cellular equipment, vital medications, precious stones, art pieces, or shares or negotiable, business, or important personal documents. These items are not considered baggage, and Aeromexico may refuse to accept them. Always verify that you receive a receipt showing the proper destination when you check baggage and that each piece of baggage you claim at your destination matches your receipt.
Except for baggage carried in the course of international carriage as defined by the Warsaw or Montreal Conventions, Aeromexico will not be liable for: damage to or loss of any of the items listed above; the failure to verify baggage receipts as described above; damage caused by government security inspections (including the Transportation Security Administration/TSA or Federal Police/PF); baggage that is in bad condition or that has been previously damaged or is oversized, overweight, or overfilled; or minor damage to baggage involving wheels, supports, straps, retractile handles, zippers, loss of locks, external straps or manufacturing defects.
5. PASSENGER OBLIGATIONS
5.1. EARLY ARRIVAL TO THE AIRPORT
Passengers are obliged to observe the minimum time periods prior to check-in at the airports involved in their itinerary, from their origin and up to their final destination.
Minimum time periods vary depending on the departure cities, but an anticipation of 2 hours for Domestic flights and 3 for International flights is recommended.
Aeromexico and/or Aeromexico Connect shall not be liable under any circumstance regarding passengers who due to their failure to adjust to the minimum anticipation time periods of time for check-in lose their flight. In these cases, the passenger shall be subject to the conditions of the policy of the acquired fare for the purposes of boarding a new flight.
Note: Check the required presentation periods of time prior to departure according to your place of departure at www.aeromexico.com/checkintimebeforedeparture
All tickets are personal and non-transferable, a Passenger may not assign, transfer or transmit partially or totally under any title the rights and obligations derived from this agreement provided that any assignment performed against that provided in this agreement shall be null; in this sense, a Passenger may not assign its Ticket or allow a name change for any reason. Similarly, the Carrier may demand identification of the Passenger and annul the Ticket if another person intends to use it.
5.3. GENERAL APPLICATION RULES FOR AEROMEXICO AND/OR AEROMEXICO CONNECT FARE
The Contracting Party is bound to pay the transportation services acquired through reservation or purchase at www.aeromexico.com. The transportation fares offered are subject to the general conditions provided in its regulations, such as:
Limited Capacity: The reservation classes and its fares are not necessarily available in all flights.
Duration: The Price levels and conditions may vary depending of the destinations and dates selected.
Pre-purchase: Depending on the selected fare, payment in advance or immediate purchase may be required (reservation and purchase at the same time).
Minimum or Maximum Stay: Some fares to certain destinations may require a minimum or maximum stay.
Stops: Those allowed by the acquired fare.
Penalties: Some penalties may apply due to cancelation, reimbursement, due to changes, issuance or re-validation of the Ticket, based on the policy of the acquired fare, the user may know the terms and conditions of the acquired fare during the purchase due to the fact that fares vary regarding class, route, flight and/or date of the flight acquired.
Due to the fact that Gran Plan packages involve other services providers, they shall be cancelled with more than 72 hours in advance, to avoid charges.
The Carrier may cancel the route without prior notice, being bound to protect the passenger in the services of other airlines if possible or to reimburse the fare in the corresponding segment not being used, in terms of article 52 of the Law of Civil Aviation, and subject to the procedures established by the Carriers regarding involuntary changes and reimbursements.
In case the Passenger wishes to change its itinerary, it shall pay the corresponding penalties for the acquired fare, due to a flight, date or destination change, as long as the fare policy allows it. A passenger shall be subject to the procedure established by the Carrier regarding involuntary changes and reimbursements. For more information about the terms and conditions applicable to the acquired fare policy, the user may know the terms and conditions of the fare it is acquiring during the purchase due to the fact that such fares vary according to class, route, flight and/or date of the acquired flight.
The fares and their regulations are subject to the supply and demand rules as a result of which they may change at any time.
The reservation itself does not guarantee the application of the selected fare if the payment is performed after the deadline indicated to the Contracting Party by the airline at the time of performing the reservation, as a result of which it shall adjust to the terms and conditions of the corresponding fare policy.
The Contracting Party may know the terms and conditions of the fare it is acquiring during the purchase due to the fact that they vary according to class, route, flight and/or date of the acquired flight.
Penalties and payment of fare differential: They may apply due to cancelation, reimbursement, for changes, issuance or re-validation of the Ticket, based on the policy of the acquired fare; the user may know the terms and conditions of the fare it is acquiring during the purchase due to the fact that they vary according to class, route, flight and/or date of the acquired flight.
The Contracting Party is bound to accept the charge made to its credit card or in the manner established at the time of purchase through www.aeromexico.com provided that at the time of entering its credit card number, the services purchase request through www.aeromexico.com shall be processed and the corresponding charge shall be carried out, being subject to the corresponding bank authorization.
The charge made to the following credit cards shall be accepted as payment forms:
- AMERICAN EXPRESS® (SERVICES AND CREDIT CARDS)
For more information on the total charges to be made by the carrier, please check www.aeromexico.com/servicesfees
5.5. DANGEROUS GOODS IN BAGGAGE
Many articles commonly used at home or at the work palace may result dangerous when they are carried on board of a plane. Said articles may undergo alterations due to temperature and pressure variations during the flight, as a result of which they are restricted in airport sterile areas (boarding gates, platforms etc.) and forbidden on board of the plain, either as checked-in or carry-on baggage.
The Passenger is bound not to carry in its carry-on or checked-in baggage, any of the following articles:
- Compressed gases such as butane, propane gas, oxygen, etc.
- Pressured cylinders including spray paint, lighter charges, used gas cylinders (for kitchenettes), oxygen tanks with a pressure higher than 20 psi, etc.
- Corrosives such as acids, alkalis, mercury, battery additives etc.
- Explosives including fire arms, bullets, rockets, fireworks, detonators, flares, etc.
- Flammable liquids or solids such as gasoline, matches, paints, solvents, etc.
- Radioactive materials
- Briefcases or boxes with alarm mechanisms installed
- Other dangerous articles with magnetic materials and irritating substances
- Oxidants such as bleaches or peroxides
- Poisonous and infectious substances such as insecticides, herbicides, viral cultures, etc.
- Human blood, organs and tissues, as well as lab samples
- Others that in view of the current regulations and according to the policies of the Carrier may cause health damages to Passengers, employees, aircraft or installations
- Some of the abovementioned articles may be carried as air cargo if they are properly packed according to regulations
- Medications and toilet articles containing alcohol or sprays may be carried in small amounts
Similarly, the transportation of explosives, sharp pointed objects, illegal substances or goods or other objects forbidden by the domestic or international normativity susceptible of damaging the aircraft is prohibited; similarly, the Transportation of any kind of cargo that may disturb other passengers or that is not appropriate to be transported in the Passenger cabin, as well as the transportation of the types of goods described in the Mexican Official Standard (Norma Official Mexicana) NOM-002-SCT/2003 “List of most transported dangerous substances and materials” published in the Federal Official Gazette (Diario Oficial de la Federación) December 3rd, 2003.
During the trip, Passengers may not carry fire arms with hem, except for those Passengers who are bound to carry them due to their duties, in that sense, the Passenger is bound to carry the special permit granted for such purpose by the Ministry of Communications and Transportation or the Ministry of National Defense, in case it decides to carry fire arms, ammunitions, according to the current Laws of Mexico or of any State over which it has to fly. The paperwork and permit shall be carried out by the Passenger, being the Carrier exempted from any liability if the Passenger does not get the permits to carry such articles. When the Passenger proves before the company’s personnel to have an authorization issued by the relevant authorities to carry fire arms, it shall remain in the cargo compartment within the safety zone intended for the handling of this kind of articles with a receipt, which shall be returned once it arrives to the passenger’s destination and at the zone designed by the Authority for such purpose.
The Carrier may demand the corresponding permit for those objects that due to their own nature disturb the rest of the Passengers or that are not advisable to be transported by air.
5.6. SAFETY MEASURES
The Passenger at the time of acquiring the Transportation Ticket, accepts and authorizes the Carrier or the third party it designates, to inspect its carry-on and/or checked-in baggage, and in case of detecting non-authorized items in it in accordance with the applicable domestic (Articles 17 and 34 of the Law of Civil Aviation and Article 154 of the Regulations of the Law of Airports and other applicable) or International legislation, to open its baggage and in case they retire the non-authorized or deemed dangerous articles, provided in the referred list or, only in case it is strictly necessary, deny the boarding of the baggage without liability for the Carrier or third party designated by the Carrier. We appreciate the support and comprehension in the revisions, inspections and verifications that we shall perform both to the Passenger and to its belongings during check-in and/or boarding to our flights.
The Carrier based on article 33 of the Law of Civil Aviation may deny boarding to Passengers carrying fire arms without the corresponding permit, who are drunk or under the effects of stupefacients, psychotropic or stimulants, provoking or that had provoked disturbances on board of the Carrier’s aircraft as well as to those Passengers that due to their behavior constitute danger or risk for themselves or for other persons and their belongings on board as well as to those Passengers showing notorious aggressiveness or that present symptoms of any transmissible contagious disease during the duration of the flight and that may be dangerous for the crew and other passengers in accordance with article 41 of the Regulations of the Law of Civil Aviation and with the guidelines determined by the Ministry of Health in each case
5.7. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
Passengers shall possess and carry during the duration of their trip the current documentation (passports, visas, tourist cards, vaccination certificates, etc.) required by the countries to, from, or through which they are going to be traveling, being solely responsible to comply with these requirements as well as to comply with other governmental obligations imposed by said countries for their legal stay and/or transit in/through them.
5.8. USE OF ELECTRONIC APPLIANCES ON BOARD: In accordance with the applicable legal provisions and instructions that the Carrier points out to the Passengers on board, it is prohibited to use the following electronic appliances, due to the fact that they may interfere with the communication and radio-navigation systems of the aircraft:
- Transmitter-receptor equipment (walkie-talkie, FM radios, civil frequency radios, two ways message-receptors),
- AM-FM radios or portable TVs,
- Remote control toys
- VHF scanners
Some appliances may be used when the crew indicates to do so after the aircraft takes-off and until the aircraft starts descending, being obliged to turn them off when the crew indicates to do so for security purposes:
- Portable computers
- Recorders/ audio and video players (MP3 players, CD and/or cassette players, etc.)
- CD and/or DVD readers
- Photo cameras
- video cameras, cassette players, electronic games (video games)
Mobile phones may only be used under the following conditions:
- When the aircraft is on the ground and doors are open.
- During the boarding process while the doors of the aircraft are open.
- During the supplying of fuel.
- Above 10,000 feet only those mobile phones with “Flight Mode” function, which if required shall be verified by the Stewards
- After landing, once the aircraft has abandoned the runway and taxiing towards the arrival door.
- When there is a communication and/or navigation interference indication, passengers would be requested to turn off their mobile phones immediately, condition which shall be indicated by the Captain to the cabin crew for their inspection.
6. EXCHANGE RATE
Regarding Tickets and/or services reserved and/or bought in the United Mexican States through www.aeromexico.com, fares, taxes, fees and valid charges on the date of the reservation and/or purchase, as well as the applied charge to the credit cards issued in this country are listed in Mexican Pesos (MXN) and the Contracting Party may see such charge reflected in its account statement as it is specified in the corresponding credit card contract in the currency of the country where said plastic was issued.
Regarding Tickets and/or services reserved and/or bought in Europe through www.aeromexico.com in the countries belonging to the European Economic Community, the valid fares, taxes, fees and charges on the date of reservation and/or purchase, as well as the charge applied to the credit cards issued in the countries members of said Community may be listed in euros (EUR), except those countries preserving their local currency and the Contracting Party may see such charge reflected in its account statement as specified in the corresponding credit card contract in the currency of the country where said plastic was issued.
Regarding the reserved Tickets and/or services and/or purchased through www.aeromexico.com in any other part of the world not mentioned in the preceding paragraphs, the valid fares, taxes, fees and charges on the date of reservation and/or purchase, as well as the charge applied to credit cards issued in these countries shall be listed in United States Dollars (USD) and the Contracting Party may see said charge reflected in its bank statement as specified in the corresponding credit card contact in the currency of the country where said plastic was issued.
7. CARRIER RESPONSIBILITY, OVERBOOKING AND/ OR DENIED BOARDING
The Carrier may use its reasonable endeavors to carry the Passenger and its baggage with reasonable diligence. The times appearing in the itineraries or in any other part are not guaranteed and are not part of this agreement (since they are estimated times and are not an integral part of this agreement). The Carrier may switch, without prior notice, to other Carriers or aircraft and may alter or omit the stop points appearing in the Ticket if necessary. The schedules are subject to change without prior notice. The Carrier does not assume any liability for connections that the Passenger has to do with other airlines or contracts acquired outside the Carrier’s itinerary.
In the case where due to causes attributable to the Carrier, boarding is denied to any Passenger or due to the issuance of Tickets in excess of the capacity available in the aircraft, in terms of section VII of article 38 of the Regulations of the Law of Civil Aviation, the Carrier shall be responsible for informing the Passenger the following options available to it in terms of article 52 of the Law of Civil Aviation:
- That the Carrier reimburses to the Passenger the price of the Ticket or the corresponding portion corresponding to the part of the trip not performed, in this case the Carrier shall also cover an indemnity to the affected Passenger which shall not be lower than 25% of the price of the Ticket or of the part of the trip not performed;
- That the Carrier offers to the Passenger, with all means available to it, replacement Transportation in the first available flight providing, as a minimum and without charge, the telephone or cable communication services to the place of destination; meals in accordance with the delay time until the boarding of the next flight; a room at an airport hotel or of the city when overnight stay is required and, in this last case, the ground Transportation from and to the airports, or
- That the Carrier transports the Passenger on the later date convenient for the Passenger towards the destination regarding which boarding was denied, in this case the Carrier shall also cover an indemnity to the affected Passenger which shall not be lower than 25% percent of the price of the Ticket or of the portion of the trip not performed.
The Passenger recognizes and accepts that the Carrier shall not be liable for the payment of damages caused by a default in the rendering of the services contracted through www.aeromexico.com in the event of an Act of God or Force Majeure, which include but are not limited to, acts of government authorities, compliance or observance of laws, regulations, government orders or demands or from its agencies or units, strikes, work stoppages, temporary closing of airports providing the service, alteration of the public peace, fear or imminence of war, civil war, blockage, embargo, epidemics, pandemics, quarantines, air piracy, fire, flood, bad meteorological condition (fog, rain, frost, snow, etc.)or similar causes external to the will of the contracting parties, failures or accidents suffered by the aircraft which in the opinion of the captain in charge of the aircraft may set the operation and safety of the passengers and crew in danger or similar circumstances to the above, among others, which make compliance with the rendering of the contracted services impossible.
The Passenger declares and agrees that in case the Act of God or Force Majeure terminates, this agreement shall continue to effective as a matter of law as of the time when the Act of God or Force Majeure had concluded, if it is possible to render the services once the Act of God or Force Majeure finishes, in accordance with the last paragraph of Article 36 of the Regulations of the Law of Civil Aviation.
Any exclusion or liability limitation of the Carrier shall be applicable to the benefit of its agents, employees and representatives, as well as of any person whose aircraft is being used by the Carrier to carry out the Transportation and its agents, employees and representatives.
8. INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS NOTICE REGARDING THE LIABILITY THRESHOLD
Passengers making a trip with final destination or stop in a country different than the country of origin, where the Warsaw Convention or the Montreal Agreement may be applicable, as the case may be, the full trip as well as all Transportation where the departure and destination points, whether or not there is interruption of the Transportation or transfer, are located in the territory of any of the contracting parties of said agreements. Non-Stop Transportation between two points within the territory of one sole country which is part of the Montreal or Warsaw Conventions shall not be considered international and shall not be subject to such conventions.
9. PRIVACY GUIDELINES
1. The Contracting Party accepts that all the information added by it or in turn obtained through its access to www.aeromexico.com, may be compiled and fixed in a database (hereinafter, Database), which would be owned by Aerovías de México S.A. de C.V.
2. The Contracting Party grants Aerovías de México S.A. de C.V. express authorization to publish, disclose and/or transmit the information that it had inserted in the Database in terms of article 109 of the Federal Copyright Law.
3. Aerovías de México S.A. de C.V. covenants and the Contracting Party accepts that any information compiled in the Database shall be stored and protected to avoid loss, improper use or alteration without it being liable in any manner for the interception, reproduction or theft of the information contained in the Database by third parties for this reason.
4. The Contracting Party accepts that through the insertion of its information in www.aeromexico.com it grants its express consent referred in article 76 bis of the Federal Law of Consumer Protection in order for Aerovías de México S.A. de C.V. to be able to divulge and transmit the information inserted in the Database to other suppliers or relevant authorities requiring it.
5. The Contracting Party grants its express consent in order to receive information for marketing or publicity purposes from Aerovías de México S.A. de C.V. in terms of articles 16, 18 and 18 bis of the Federal Law for Consumer Protection.
6. Aerovías de México S.A. de C.V. declares and the Contracting Party accepts that Aerovías de México S.A. de C.V. shall not be responsible for or exercises in any manner any kind of control over the links to different pages, portals etc. of third parties external to Aerovías de México S.A. de C.V. that www.aeromexico.com may contain.
10. TAX NOTICES AND GOVERNMENT FEES
The price of the Ticket may include taxes and fees which are applied to air transportation by government authorities. These fees and taxes, which may represent a significant part of the cost of the trip, are included in the fare or indicated separately in the area devoted to taxes in this Ticket. It may also be required to pay taxes and fees that have not been collected yet.
Specifically, the Price of the acquired ticket to travel from a Country different from Mexico to arrive to any point in the Mexican Republic includes the payment of a fee, for which the Mexican government issues an authorization granting Non-Immigrant category to foreigners (Non-Immigrant Fee) is charged by Aerovías de México, S.A. de C.V. (Aeroméxico), on behalf of the Mexican Government. However, some passengers may be exempted from the payment of the non-immigrant fee.
Aeroméxico does not make any statement whatsoever regarding whether or not any passenger is bound to pay the non-immigrant fee or whether or not it is exempted from said payment or from the payment of any other tax or governmental fee charged with the sale of a ticket.
Any passenger who considers that it is exempted or that it may be exempted from the payment of the non-immigrant fee or from any other tax or governmental fee charged with the sale of a ticket, may request information about such taxes and fees.
In international flights, shall also apply the rules of each Country established regarding this matter.
11. FLIGHTS OPERATED UNDER A CODESHARE AGREEMENT
Some flights are operated under a Codeshare agreement; the flight numbers involved in these agreements are listed below indicating the operating airline. For more information, check with your representative or with your travel agency:
AM*5000-5999 Delta Air Lines (DL)
AM*6000-6499 Air France (AF)
AM*6500-6599 KLM Royal Dutch Airlines (KL)
AM*6600-6999 Alitalia (AZ)
AM*6800-6999 Air Europa (UX)
AM*8000-8099 LAN Airlines (LA y LP)
In this regard, Aeromexico and/or Aeromexico Connect shall be responsible for the whole trip, notwithstanding the liability of the operating airline regarding the Passenger in case it is the commercializing airline in terms of the codeshare agreement executed with the abovementioned airlines. The codeshare operating flights are subject to modification at any time and without prior notice.
THE CARRIER MAY DENY TRANSPORTATION TO ANY PERSON THAT HAD ACQUIRED A TICKET IN VIOLATION OF THE LAWS, REGULATIONS AND FARES, MODIFY OR ADD THIS AGREEMENT AS WELL AS THE PORTAL www.aeromexico.com AND ALL ITS SERVICES WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.